Looking for something a little different and that’s a lot of fun?
Whether you’re going out for the day or night, as a couple or with the family, we have a plethora of ideas to throw at you!
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of fun things to do in Massachusetts:
- Dinner and a show. With a vision to be the finest performing arts center in New England, The Hanover Theatre has certainly been on the right track. The restoration of the old building into a stunning masterpiece has played a major role in revitalizing downtown Worcester. Ceres Bistro is proud to partner with Hanover Theatre for dinner and theatre packages, available right online. These make going out for dinner and a show an entertaining breeze!
- Rainy day delight. Don’t let bad weather stop you in your tracks. There are plenty of things to do right here in Worcester, rain or shine. Head on over to the Beechwood for a satisfying Sunday brunch before you take a trip to the Worcester Art Museum or Higgins Armory. Take art or sword classes, attend special events and discover the artistic, historic delights of Massachusetts.
- Work up an appetite. Rock climbing at Central Rock Climbing Center in Worcester is a fun and energetic way to begin your day with your special someone. Bond on the bouldering wall and then enjoy lunch at Ceres Bistro to top off the day.
- Explore nature. For a unique indoor-outdoor museum that you can take the whole family to (or just your other half), EcoTarium is the place to go. They have fun events and activities for kids… but adults enjoy them too! If you love nature and wildlife, you’ll love exploring here.
- Appreciate what’s in season. Breakfast at Ceres Bistro will start off your day at Tower Hill Botanic Garden nicely! Aside from the various concerts and events that fill the calendar, you definitely want to plan a trip to The Garden to see what’s blooming. It’s a leisurely way to spend a sunny afternoon in beauty and nature.
- Take a stroll in the park. Worcester sure does have a lot to offer. The natural beauty that continues to exist amazes many people each season. Just take a walk in Elm Park or plan a picnic in Quinsigamond State Park and you’ll see why.
- See what’s alive… at Old Sturbridge Village. If you haven’t visited this living history museum yet, we encourage you to do so. This is the perfect destination for a day trip in Massachusetts, one that educates, thrills, and leaves you feeling more in tune with all around you and all that came before you.
For a more comprehensive list of local attractions in the Heart of the Commonwealth, click here.
Still craving more family or date ideas? Here is a list of resources to help you…
- View countless colorful things to do in Massachusetts at MassVacation.com
- Browse through 90 great things to do in Massachusetts at Visit-Massachusetts.com
- Uptake.com features things to do in Worcester, Massachusetts and well beyond
- TravelandLeisure.com highlights several fun activities that you can partake in all across the state
- From Boston and westward, visit LonelyPlanet.com for your next Massachusetts destination
- Find a dog-friendly park, beach or trail at BringFido.com so the entire family can enjoy a day out
No matter the views you seek and regardless of what interests you have, there are sights to be seen and fun to be had in Massachusetts. So many enjoyable activities await you, your date, your family and even your furry friend! Finding things to do in Massachusetts is easy; it’s choosing which activity you want to partake in first that’s the challenge. With that said…
Enjoy your day adventures and nights out in Massachusetts!