Over the years, finding new date ideas can be tricky, especially if you’ve been using the same date ideas for a while. From the first date till the days you have to find a baby sitter, going out on dates has been a way for you and a loved one to get away and spend precious time. The trick to maintaining fun on dates? Finding new date ideas to experience. Thinking of new date ideas isn’t as complicated as it seems. There are various date ideas that will allow you and your loved to bond, connect, and feel a sense of “newness.”
From the hermit to the social butterfly, there are tons of date ideas to choose from that will leave you satisfied. Date ideas don’t have to cost exorbitant amounts of money. There are plenty of fun date ideas that are low in cost, yet fun and rejuvenating.
Dates are the prelude to any relationship, and they remain important to maintaining happiness and excitement. Below are some brilliant and diverse date ideas from About.com to keep your relationship, and wallet, happy.
Cheap Date Ideas
Simple, Cheap Date Ideas Anyone Can Use
Dating shouldn’t cost you a lot of money, especially if you are following the advice that volume counts when trying to meet someone new.
With that in mind, here are more than twenty cheap date ideas covering a wide variety of interests, likes, activities and hobbies. Got an even tighter budget? Then try the free dating idea suggestions instead.
Cheap Date Ideas For Artists
• Attend a local art school’s year-end show for a peek into the minds of up-and-coming artisans.
• Contact your local chamber of commerce for a walking tour map of your community, highlighting areas like the local museums or architectural highlights.
• Volunteer yourselves as models for a hairdressing school.
• Take in amateur night at the coffeehouse, bar or comedy club. You could also get up on stage yourself and belt out a tune, tell a joke or read romantic poetry you’ve written while on your cheap date.
Cheap Date Ideas For Family-Focused Folks
• Host a home-cooked meal for your entire family, lovingly prepared by you and your date.
• Challenge other family members to a game of backyard badminton, charades or another board or card game, pitting you and your date against other teams of two.
• Suggest a double cheap date with both sets of parents, so that everyone can get to know each other before the relationship gets serious.
Cheap Date Ideas For Home Bodies
• Pull out some bug spray and a cozy blanket and curl up together in your backyard or a local park for some stargazing.
• Have a movie night with your date, challenging each other to bring a flick within the allotted theme of the night – such as worst movie of all time or the best classic you’ve never heard of. You could even go so far as to make a cheap date weekend out of it and create your own personal Oscars screening or private themed film festival.
• Raid the dollar store for poker game items you don’t already have. Use peanuts or some other inexpensive markers and let the games begin.
• Play a couples game together
Cheap Date Ideas For Kids at Heart
• Find a swing set, playground or water park and spend the cheap date there together.
• Farmers markets and street fairs usually cost nothing and you’ll enjoy some time together learning more about your community’s offerings.
• Visit the zoo together.
• Challenge each other to a contest. Anything works, and the sillier the better! Try sand castle building, hop scotch, name that tune, marbles, or kite flying.
Cheap Date Ideas For Romantics
• Make a special cheap date dinner for your sweetie, complete with sexy music and candles.
• Learn how to do a strip-tease and perform it for your partner.
• Pack a picnic and take your date for a bike ride to a secluded location for a special, inexpensive getaway.
• Spend a day together at the beach. You can snorkel and explore sea life, collect sea shells and driftwood, go for a swim, or have a rock skipping contest.
Cheap Date Ideas For Sports or Activity Lovers
• Learn a new sport or activity together, such as ultimate frisbee or mountaineering. Alternatively, take a peek to see if there are any singles-oriented sport leagues in your area and sign up for something together.
• Invite some friends over for a big game or pay-per-view event and make a day of it, complete with munchies and prizes for the most supportive at-home fans.
• Go for a hike together.
• In the wintertime, ask the neighborhood kids where they go tobogganing, and head out together for a day on the “slopes”.
Cheap Date Ideas For Thrill Seekers
• Read through the Guinness Book of World Records together, and find something the two of you could potentially achieve as a couple and then do it together as a cheap date idea.
• Go for a drive together where you only stop or turn when you encounter a pre-determined area or event, such as a garage sale sign or a street that starts with the letter M. Travel games are also a great idea for those dating with kids.
Cheap Date Ideas For Those Who Thirst for Knowledge
• Attend a poetry or book reading together. Most of these events are free, and you’ll learn something new to discuss over coffee later.
• Sign up to volunteer together for a cause that you are both passionate about or a festival that otherwise would be too expensive to attend.
• Take a tour of a local brew pub or winery, which typically are free or very heavily discounted.
From thrill seekers to home-bodies, finding new date ideas isn’t as hard as it seems. Try spicing up the romance by laying out a blanket and star gazing. Enhance your family bond with your date and try a at home dinner. Are you a gamer? Spend a night challenging each other in classic video games after a delicious meal. Changing up date ideas will allow you and your partner to become closer. No matter how long you’ve known them, there is always room to get closer at heart. Spice up picking a date idea by taking turns on who chooses the next date ideas. Relationships can get very routine the longer you are in them, but there are ways to keep the excitement. Experiencing new date ideas are a great way to achieve this.
With an endless list of date ideas, your relationship is sure to last the trials of time. Looking for simple date ideas to rekindle passion? Sit down for a delicious meal and wine to reconnect. A romantic place to dine out is our Ceres Bistro; with a romantic atmosphere, Ceres is perfect for an intimate group of two. If you have any questions about dining at Ceres feel free to contact us.