Each year about this time, everyone seems to be looking for the same thing: Valentine’s Day ideas! And while couples everywhere are often on the lookout for unique date suggestions, when it comes to Valentine’s Day ideas, we’re all ears.
Why such pressure to come up with great Valentine’s Day ideas and the perfect date? Perhaps it’s the romanticism of the holiday from eras before. Perhaps it’s the commercialism of the holiday or perhaps it’s to keep up with the Joneses. Whatever the reason, Valentine’s Day is around the corner and the pressure for Valentine’s Day ideas is on.
Below is a list of Valentine’s Day ideas that are sure to please every budget:
* Have little ones at home and no babysitter? How about an indoor picnic after they go to bed? Set up a blanket on the floor complete with a picnic basket and bottle of wine.
* While bowling or ice skating may not bring immediate images of romance on the list of top Valentine’s Day ideas, both activities have a young sense of romance to them. For the young crowd, it’s very affordable. For the slightly older crowd, it can bring back the feelings of young love!
* A warm bubble bath for two always tops the list of Valentine’s Day ideas. Whether at your own home or at a luxury suite in a nearby hotel such as the Beechwood Hotel, a quiet relaxing bath, complete with champagne, candles and soft background music really sets the tone.
* Book a massage for two!
* Write a handwritten love note from the heart. Be specific. Don’t assume your special someone knows how you feel or why you feel that way. Go ahead and indulge them. Even hide love notes throughout the house for your love!
* Start the day with a breakfast out. Linger over coffee and take your time to connect, or meet up mid-day for a special Valentine’s lunch.
* Flowers and chocolates? Often over-rated. For her, a night off from dishes and dinner is always appreciated. For him? Sneak his car to the car wash and then leave a love note on his windshield.
* Pop a movie in for the kids and then disappear to a quiet room in the house with some wine and biscotti. No TV. No cell phones. Just quiet time and perhaps a cozy quilt.
* Frame a special photo of the two of you from your early days together.
* And still on the list of Valentine’s Day ideas… old-fashioned dance lessons or massage lessons. Either one will encourage togetherness and pampering over the years to come.
If the Valentine’s Day ideas listed above aren’t a good fit for you and your loved one, these Valentine’s Day ideas are at least sure to get your creative juices flowing. Use these Valentine’s Day ideas as a starting point to think of special ways to express your love.
At Ceres Bistro and Beechwood Hotel in Worcester, Massachusetts, we’ve taken the liberty to come up with a few Valentine’s Day ideas for you. All that you have to do to implement one or more of these Valentine’s Day ideas is simply make a reservation.
At Ceres Bistro, we’ve extended our 4-course Valentine’s Dinner over 5 days, from February 13 -17, 2013. Looking for a different set of Valentine’s Day ideas that offer a little more than dinner? Beechwood has an Unforgettable Valentine’s package complete with a luxurious upgraded suite running from February 9 – 17, 2013. Rose petals, chocolates and hot breakfast in bed included!
While we’ve kept our wheels spinning for Valentine’s Day ideas just for you, so has WSRS. The 3rd annual WSRS Valentine’s Dinner Dance takes place at the Beechwood Hotel on Saturday, February 16th, complete with a 3-course dinner, bottle of wine, dancing, photographs and tickets for ice skating! Call Marissa at 508-453-1112 for reservations.
As you start putting together your list of Valentine’s Day ideas, we hope that we may have saved you a step or two. We also hope you’ll join us at Ceres Bistro or the Beechwood Hotel in Worcester during Valentine’s week for some romance. And if that isn’t a part of your plan, we hope that our list of Valentine’s Day ideas helps create a spark for you to come up with your own list of Valentine’s Day ideas. In fact we would love to hear about them in our comments section below. The more Valentine’s Day ideas, the better!