- 363 Plantation Street
- Worcester, Massachusetts 01605
- Phone (508) 754-5789
- Toll-Free (800) 344-2589
Hotel Employment Opportunities
Apply for a Position at the Beechwood Hotel
At the Beechwood Hotel in downtown Worcester, we take pride in providing the highest level of personal attention to our valued guests. If you are an experienced hospitality professional who is passionate about the industry and providing great service, we would love to hear from you.
Restaurant Manager for Ceres Bistro
We are looking for someone with restaurant experience to fill the a manager position at the Ceres Bistro. To apply, please fill out the form below and be sure to upload an updated resume.
CONCIERGE JOB DESCRIPTION
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services / Front Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Rooms
Primary responsibilities include: providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy; driving guests to designated locations, assisting guests with luggage, maintaining vehicle cleanliness, and concierge duties. Chief Concierge must have strong analytical and navigation skills with the ability to coordinate multiple pick-ups and drop-offs on a schedule under continuously changing circumstances. Drive the hotel van according to scheduled van runs and/or as needed for guests, and accommodate guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner all the while using appropriate etiquette on two-way radios throughout route.
Education & Experience:
• One year or more of hotel experience or a related customer service field required.
• Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
• Minimum of one year driving experience
• Must have an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving Record)
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Beechwood Hotel standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per Beechwood standards)
• Comply at all times with Beechwood Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
• Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
• Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
• Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
• Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
• Assist guests with safe deposit boxes
• Load and unload van and luggage carts with luggage.
• Escort guests to rooms upon request.
• Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures using luggage tags.
• Open and close cab doors for arriving and departing guests.
• Deliver messages, flowers, packages and messages to guest rooms or meeting rooms as needed.
• Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events, and activities.
• Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sport arenas, etc.
• Provide information, maps, and directions as required.
• Complete room changes.
• Maintain cleanliness of van interior.
• Drive van as per scheduled runs.
• Show guest rooms and suites as needed and emphasize company amenities.
• Other duties as required.
Every Jewish person knows that around the age of 13, Jewish boys and girls all over will be thinking about their bat mitzvahs or bar mitzvahs. They are an important time in a young person’s life. It is the time where a boy becomes a man, and a girl becomes a woman. After a traditional read more
Eating produce when it is in season is an important way to not only reduce our carbon footprint, but also to consume healthier and cheaper foods. Eating locally is one way to encourage local economic growth as well as reduce our use of fossil fuels. If you choose to only eat produce that is in read more
If you’re not accustomed to attending fancy business events or going out to the club, then you probably don’t have many opportunities to get all dressed up. New Year’s Eve is a great excuse to buy a new dress or try a new color of lipstick, because most everyone goes all out on this final read more