- 363 Plantation Street
- Worcester, Massachusetts 01605
- Phone (508) 754-5789
- Toll-Free (800) 344-2589
Hotel Employment Opportunities
Apply for a Position at the Beechwood Hotel
At the Beechwood Hotel in downtown Worcester, we take pride in providing the highest level of personal attention to our valued guests. If you are an experienced hospitality professional who is passionate about the industry and providing great service, we would love to hear from you.
Restaurant Manager for Ceres Bistro
We are looking for someone with restaurant experience to fill the a manager position at the Ceres Bistro. To apply, please fill out the form below and be sure to upload an updated resume.
GUEST SERVICE AGENT
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Computer experience required.
• Customer Services experience preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
• Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
• Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
• Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
• Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
• Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
• Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
• Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
• Be familiar with all in-house groups.
• Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
• Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
• Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
• Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
• Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
• Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
• Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
• Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
• Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
For those who exercise regularly, traveling can disturb your regular routine, and your body will notice. Hours on a cramped airplane or bus can put a lot of strain on a body, which is why the first thing most people do after a long flight is stretch. There are ways to combat the tightening of read more
While the holiday season is many people’s favorite time of the year, it can also be the most stressful. Between hosting family, cooking for a crowd, and maintaining a clean home, the holiday season can leave one drained rather than enjoying the time spent with family. Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you read more
The rehearsal dinner is a common wedding tradition typically held the evening before the wedding, after the rehearsal. The rehearsal dinner is a way to show gratitude towards those who have helped the wedding come together. It is also an opportunity for the bride and groom’s friends and families to get to know each other read more